Top 5 Sizzling Seattle Summer date ideas
With the summer comes the best of Seattle weather and the opportunity for more creative and entertaining dates. Here are my top five Seattle date suggestions. All of them have been tried and tested by me for the exception of the new Ferris Wheel. Read on for dating enlightenment!
Fireworks light up the sky at Lake Union!
1. Family Fourth at Lake Union: It is common knowledge to Seattleites that summer weather doesn’t kick off until Fourth of July, so welcome in an awesome new summer and celebrate your American pride with the most dazzling fireworks in the city. Family Fourth at Lake Union is a great date because it combines a laid back day date with a romantic evening date. The day time is full of laid back activities including a beer garden, multiple live music stages and more. Also make sure to check out the event sponsor booths for some awesome freebies from Seattle companies such as Microsoft and Starbucks (free iced coffee anyone?). The evening fireworks display is seriously the best around and will be the perfect chance to cozy up with your date. Bring a big blanket to lay on and watch stunning display. Success! Want more information? Check out their website: http://family4th.org/
2. Shakespeare in the park at Volunteer Park: Where art thou Romeo? He’s in Volunteer Park! Well, maybe not but the Wooden O (associated with the Seattle Shakespeare Company) will be there performing two productions all summer long. Outdoor theater has a romantic quality and the beautiful greenery of Volunteer Park is the perfect background for Shakespeare. Bring a picnic basket, two folding chairs or a blanket and prepare to be entertained. This is a very fun date because it’s more interactive than a typical theater date. When the show starts make it an opportunity to cozy up with your date, just watch out for the actors who will occasionally run through the audience! For the thespians out there here is their website for more information about the show: http://www.seattleshakespeare.org/WoodenO/index.asp
Agua Verde Paddle Club!
3. Kayaking and lunch at Agua Verde: Active dates are always more fun than sitting next to one another in a cold movie theater. Get outdoors and visit Agua Verde, a cozy Mexican restaurant and kayak club located on Portage Bay Lake Union. It offers great food as well as kayak rentals downstairs through their Paddle Club. Take your date on a fun and romantic kayak trip through Lake Union, Lake Washington, or the Arboretum. Rent two single kayaks for $15 an hour or each a double kayak for $20 an hour. For that one inevitable week of 90 degree weather this summer it will feel refreshing to be on the water. Have fun pointing out the beautiful houses on Lake Washington, taking in the view of the Space Needle from Lake Union, or spotting a bald eagle in the Arboretum. After kayaking, eat upstairs at the café and enjoy some delicious Mexican food. Sounds like something you want to do? Here’s the link for more information: http://www.aguaverde.com/default.asp
The show is about to start!
4. Fremont Outdoor Movies: Ghostbusters, food-trucks, and couches in parking lots? Find all of these wonderful things combined at the center of the universe (also known as Fremont Outdoor Movies). Admission is $5 and guests must bring their own seating, but this year’s movie line up sounds entertaining and includes hits like Ghostbusters, The Big Lebowski, and Top Gun. Be ready for an audience who heckles, dresses up like the characters, and might be more entertaining than the movie itself. Their aptly worded slogan is “Seattle’s premier movie experience” and I could not agree more. To see the entire movie schedule and more check out: http://fremontoutdoormovies.com/
The new Pier 57 Ferris Wheel
5. Pier 57 Ferris Wheel: Be one of the first to ride Seattle’s newest attraction, a 200ft Ferris Wheel! Although this might sound like a touristy date, it is sure to be fun. Guests will view the stunning Seattle skyline from above in the Ferris Wheel’s enclosed gondolas. Sounds good to me, I’m planning on going on it later this summer when it opens. Check out their website for more information: http://www.pier57ferriswheel.com/
I hope this post inspired you!
Planning on going to these by yourself because you don’t have a date-Go to www.LikeBright.com and see how you can change that by meeting trusted friends of friends.
Powered by Facebook Comments